Thursday, February 11, 2010

the building is done

at least the part we were in charge of.

every brick has been laid, all the mortar has been set.

it is a great feeling.

Elaine Caswell and Marilyn Driedger got the chance to go to a Watoto classroom for the day (ditching out of the work, I might add)

Lorenda Selinger, Darlene Toews and Donalda Rodhe got the chance to go to a Watoto clinic for the day as well (no comment - haha)

I wish you could see this place through my eyes. I wish I could record everything I see and hear.
I wish you could experience this with us.

As we left the worksite today, pleased with our completion, we set off back to the guest house. the trip takes about 1 hour plus. with the windows open and a gentle breeze blowing in, we cruised down the road winding through traffic. with my ipod on and sigur ros singing in my ears, the world slowed down.

uganda is a beautiful place.

- sorry no pictures yet, the internet is being tempermental.

more to come - keep praying

2 comments:

  1. Keep up all the HARDCORE work for Jesus. With all the talent you have on the team, building the stuff probably was a breeze and a little crazy, knowing my father and a few other members.. Also a METALicious shout out to all the ladies (including my pwnage mother) who went to the Clinic and helped out. It is good to see talents being put to use to further the work of our lord. I am looking forward to more updates and will keep praying for you guys. Peace out dudes (and dudettes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanya and Clay...your kids are doing great. They have had such a good time with their cousins. They are looking forward to going to grandma and grandpa Bromms because they know that it means only 1 more week before they see mom and dad. Blessings and God's grace to each one of you.

    We are thinking of you and holding you up in prayer.

    The Vogt's

    ReplyDelete