Sunday, February 14, 2010

why watoto?

I asked Lorenda Selinger to write a testimonial about Watoto.

here it is:

Two years ago I saw the Watoto Childrens Choir perform at our church. The children were happy and very talented. I decided to take a look at the Watoto website to find out more about the organization. The Watoto model and vision were well laid out and sounded like a ministry that we should be supporting.

However, there is always that nagging doubt, "Is Watoto really what they say they are?" I have been in Africa for 11 days now, rubbing shoulders with Watoto staff, house mothers and children. Is Watoto what they say they are? YES and so much more!

The choir is coming to our church again in May. This time I won't lok at them as a bunch of cute, talented kids. This time I will see future leaders of Uganda who are being nurtured in an amazing, God-centered environment.

Have you checked out Watoto? If not, do it today: http://www.watoto.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment