Sunday, February 14, 2010

sunday

2nd time back to church today. we went to the south Watoto location.

it was a beautiful service.

after the service we headed to Bbira village - which is one of the Watoto villages.
- there we split up into 9 groups and ate in 9 homes.
- each home has a mom and a range of 5-8 kids.

it was a great afternoon being their guests and meeting them.

it was also very special to see how Watoto works and see real kids as they experience life their compared to their lives previously as orphans.

I loved meeting the girls in the house I was placed in. they were full of joy and wonder.

I'm not much of a hugger (if you know me very well) and today was the most hugs I've given in a long time - but so very special.

tomorrow, we're heading to the Bulrushes (which is baby Watoto)...the team can't wait, but I know already how hard it will be to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment